Sunday, March 21, 2010

More Anniversary

We celebrated our anniversary on Wednesday night, David came up with 7 memories that we reminisced about. I won't bore you with it all. The first one, however, was us drinking 'Taj Mahal' tea from India. And since we didn't have any we drank my 'Mother's Milk' Tea (hilarious, David was pleasantly surprised at the taste since he usually gags over the smell). You see, our first ever conversation with each other was about time each of us had spent in India, the same summer, separate places...how much we loved it, etc. And then I found out he still had some 'Taj Mahal' Tea, which I loved. We were not dating (yet) but at that time we had a class together and he said he would bring me some tea next time he went to Btown. The following week in class I (being too forthright, he later noted) asked him if he had brought it. Yes, indeed it was at his apartment (on campus). Don't you know the ever sweet guy went home and brewed me some that evening. We enjoyed it after class and chatted (and he sent me home with plenty of tea bags). I was intrigued....

For my part of this celebration I was not up to par, being sick most of the week. But I managed a short poem titled "7 years of Frumpy" a silly mush of a tale. Btw, Frumpy=Fat+Grumpy, David having seen me be both and still lovin' me.

We reread our vows, which always does us good, convicting us of where we lack in follow through (with things like loving 'even when wronged'), but we both would say our marriage just gets sweeter and sweeter, the years and times more and more tender as we learn to love and live like Jesus.

It was a great celebration despite the craziness the day/week/month has brought. Thanks babe, for always making it special.