so what is this whole language deal really looking like for me? At first (2 weeks) it seemed real manageable, and now it seems exactly like I thought it would be: a whole lot of work. Like having a part time job on top of a full time one (mommy). And the part time one just mulls in my brain and zaps me and leaves me feeling like I can't catch up. (the full time one does that too for sure)
And I cannot catch up. That is what language learning is. You can always learn more, always say things better, always press on to perfection and just not quite get there. But thankfully, I am not aiming for perfection, I am aiming at mastering what I am studying now.
It is just the beginning, and despite the sound of this post, I am enjoying it. Some days are better than others. I get frustrated and when David asks: 'how can I serve you?' I say: 'download your brain into mine.' and we laugh.
my weekly schedule is something like this:
Tues, Thurs, Sat. during girls' nap time I have class for 2 hours. Those nights I must listen to my language lesson for at least an hour until I have mastered it. The next day (M, W, F) I listen to the previous lesson and review other old lessons, studying for about 30 min- 1 hour, those are my run days so I usually listen/study for 30 minutes after I run and then in the evening if necessary. Because I have had more and more classes, my need for review has increased, now I try to incorporate more listening whenever possible, but never when the girls are awake.
Yes, these are about the worst times for my brain to be studying. After lunch when everyone else in the town is resting and then as soon as the girls go down and all I want to do is veg, that is when I gear up and study!I have had to fight the urge to call it a day so often!
I will give more peeks into this whole deal as I go, not to bore you, but I am journaling life and this is it right now!!!
btw, I am blown away by how wicked smart David is. He knows this language like the back of his hand. My language teacher goes and asks HIM questions about it. Just sayin' (bragging). Am I not supposed to do that about my hubby? oops.