We are slowly celebrating our anniversary. A little by default, with my ongoing cold and other things coming up we just felt yesterday was not the best day to really celebrate (though we have been slowly eating the eclair cake, don't worry). On Wednesday we will do what david has planned and exchange our gifts and then Thursday do our normal 'dinner date night.'
But, the best thing we have been doing lately as a couple is reading aloud the incredible book: Peace like a river. I read it a couple of months ago and put it on our 'must read' list. Reading aloud is something we have done since we were first married and spending countless hours commuting to school, it is so much fun!
BUT THIS BOOK...do not miss out on it. It is the best piece of prose I have read in a really really really long while (and I have read A LOT). It has the makings of a modern classic. If you love any kind of literature and wordsmithing genius, this is a must read, I have actually highlighted a lot in this book, and I never do that with novels. Grisham is good at a plot, Francine rivers can tell a good story, that is fluff compared to Enger's prose. I love the depth of Dostoevsky, the candidness of Augustine, the romance of Austen but this novel just breathes fresh air in so many ways as the story unfolds, it has everything. David could not get through his chapter he was laughing so hard.