Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Delayed and a KitchenAid

Well, I spoke to soon with my Language goals. So far this week my teacher has been sick and also may not always be available during the time I would like (the girls' nap time). But I have been able to work on a lot of 'to do before baby' projects. But my teacher just called He is coming over right now just to hang out! Sophia is SO excited (this is one of her favorite people).

One thing that should distract me and has not has been the arrival of my KITCHENAID!!! I am ecstatic! As you may recall this was a 'gift' a while ago, A 'promise to buy' from my beloved husband. But I could never get my head around spending so much money, so I always said 'no'. Also, buying it here is almost twice the price as getting it in America and having to work with electricity conversions. Around Christmas they were on Amazon for less than $200!!! I was ready, David had always been willing.

I have had it for almost a week and have not turned it on yet. This is because even though we borrowed a big converter from a friend we were still a bit wary (I have posted about electricity many times). But I asked my friend, who is a master chef, uses her kitchenAid with a converter in this country, and she is an electrical engineer, David now feels we are pretty much cleared for take off. What should I make first?

Here is what happened to the box:




peek a boo.