David and I have both read some great parenting books recently, and after watching my sis and bro in law, we have made some good changes in discipline and parenting. It just takes constant guarding of the heart and mind to relax, enjoy, and stay consistently strict at this stage in order to get first time obedience in a context of love and grace . I fail daily, but am encouraged too. I am in constant 'training' mode, but I know it will pay off, IF I stay consistent. Need much prayer here.
All of that to say, I am really enjoying the girls. Now that Sophia is out of school, we do 'preschool' in the mornings and do a lot of reading aloud in the middle of the day before naps, then the afternoons are free to go outside or bake or do whatever!
Today, we played dress up. Sophia wanted me to put on a dress too. 'Girl, do you see how big I am, my dresses don't fit!'
In the closet (shadows, sorry)
what is this thing on my head.....get it off.....
But I talked her into wearing it (she understands everything!)
Look at that. Precious. And a HAM.
My joys.