Friday, January 21, 2011

Language study? Crazy.

There may be a couple questions floating out there in la-la land, like what happened to my language study, and what happened to our veganhood? I plan to address both, mainly for my own sense of flow of things for our family, a record so to speak.
Remember how I started Language number 3 (4 if you count that I had five years of Spanish, almost all of which has been replaced by Chinese, seriously. I used to say poems in Spanish. Now, I can barely count, and everyone can do that, that file in my brain is very corrupted)?

Remember, I made a good push before going to the U.S. this was my start. I listened and listened in all my classes, then I started speaking some with my teacher. Next, we went Stateside for three months, where I listened...very little.

Upon return, all I have done is review those previous 36 lessons. A lot of it was actually getting back out the pictures that went with the words to really drill it back in my brain, and honestly, those last few classes, cramming in more vocab, I never learned....

I was doing all this to gear up for starting class again and really 'loosing my tongue.' Just speaking and speaking. Then my teacher (Abby) left....now what? I kept reviewing, and now it is 'spring holiday' so we came up with the brilliant plan to have David's old teacher come and teach me while he is on holiday. He is completely willing and he is a great teacher. I know he will be patient and I know he will correct me.

Now, I know this is going to be hard. But only hard for a short time. He has about five weeks. So, I am going to go intense for five weeks, four days a week. I don't know when else I will have this opportunity.

I will give myself lots of grace here too, I am almost 28 weeks prego and chase youngin's all day, my brain is mush anyway, but I know if I don't try to really make some kind of slow progress in speaking now, it may never happen. So, I will try. It can't hurt, only help. And at the very least we will have one of our family's favorite people around for a while.