Sunday, September 25, 2011

End of the weekend


my self portrait, as promised. Love you Dawei!

Then I let Sophia have a go with our big camera:

In BAD need of a hair cut. Dare I go local again, I have had a fair share of mishaps...


morning time making of a horse with pillows.


then I started reading them Black Beauty, and we acted out the first chapter.

I happened around the corner and found Sophia really reading this book to Bella. She was sounding out the words and doing pretty well. It is blurry, but just have to note the NC State barrettes and Gator shirt. State did not fare so well this week (on Thurs), while the Gators beat Kentucky!


Today was a little tougher just because I did not have much planned and chaos could ensue if I was not careful. But we did a variety of things that made it very pleasant: horse riding, family reading and singing, read-alouds, played macala (marble game), played 'go-fish', went outside two times, and watched a short video that K lent us today that is a 'reading' video.

I tried to take a nap both Sat and today to no avail. Sophia asks 'do you take naps every day?' I told her no, but sometimes on the weekends I do and since I was tired I was trying to rest.

Bella has been extreme in her 'scaredness' not wanting the door shut all the way. So I leave it cracked (though it looks like it is closed). I will have to nip this in the bud. She always says things like: 'there are bad guys' or 'there is a big bad wolf'. Hmm....

Sophia says Vietnam is just over the mountains and over them again...I guess she is not too far off. She asked if when she gets older we will let her hike up a mountain by herself.

I think tomorrow night we will eat with J and K possibly.
Six full days. But then who is counting?