Monday, September 19, 2011

A FULL week+

Last week was a tad crazy. With Tobin in full swing of meals like the rest of us, juggling Sophia's school schedule, and a handful of local friends having babies, the week went awry quickly.



He eats well. And I will get into full swing baby food making soon, but for now, rice cereal from Thailand. I bought some organic stuff too with banana added and other stuff, he loves it. I tried a real banana (way sweeter than the cereal), and he did not love it. Will try again soon.


Sophia's school got some new playground equipment. Two small houses were the girls' favorite, I took Bella up one day to play. But the next day they were gone. It has to be because about 300 kids wanted in at the same time and fighting ensued...who really knows...

We changed Sophia's school schedule. She now goes every afternoon from 2:30-5 p.m. and on Mondays and Wednesdays she stays until 6 p.m. This is because she is taking a dance class from 5-6 on those days and she loves it. I was not to sure about the switch to the afternoon, as supposedly they do more 'academic' stuff in the mornings. But that includes English on Thurs and Fri, a waste of time for her. They also do more art type stuff in the afternoon which is great for me because I am not artsy or crafty or any of the above. She likes this schedule and now in the mornings she and I do some K4 stuff together for about an hour total but it is often split up.
She wanted to start math, and kept asking, so we have, just 3x/week, this is only her second week of it. Mainly we try to have fun (more on her K4 schedule later, which is not a super real tight schedule at all).

I also participated in a parent/teacher meeting. Since Sophia had never really started a semester on time (we were always out of the country), they treated her like a first year student. Usually David will go with me to these meetings but he was super busy and time crunched. I went it alone. For the most part I understood, but there were a few sections (the teacher was reading all the announcements) I just did not get, oh well. They handed out an insurance card and all the other parents did not know how to fill it out either, lol. They did say that 'parents are the main teachers of their children' and 'please teach them to be polite...'. Sophia did tell me one day that her teachers are sometimes 'mean and harsh'. I asked her if this was because students did not listen and she said yes. We had a lengthy conversation about this.

This class has over 50 students, it is way too much. David and I are actually wanting to look around for a smaller environment. For now this is convenient, she likes it, and it is supposedly 'the best.' But we are starting to disagree. We will see. She will stay this semester for sure.



Tobin and Bella playing together.



Her hair is just wild...a little like her spirit.