they got on their cars and first went with me to buy fruit and popsicles just outside our gate.
Sophia said: can we take our shoes off and play in the puddles? I just knew she was expecting a 'no', I cannot ever remember letting them do this. So I surprised her with a 'yes' and they LOVED it. I joined in on the action, and we compared foot prints.
The rest of the weekend was not too eventful, except I know I despaired some (read: cried a good cry) of parenting failures. But man, what a man I have. He just points me to the cross every time, the good news--INCREDIBLE news, that this life is not dependent on me! It took some time, and gentle rebuking words, but I was encouraged and renewed by truth applied to my weary soul.
And what tender souls God has put us in charge of, always looking for FUN:
Big Boxes, a kid's best friend. We ended up making houses out of them, doors, windows and all!
I leave you with this
(I would have put Tobin on top but Bella is not to be trusted!)