Thursday, September 1, 2011

masquerading and miscellaneous


Sophia found this mask that was given to her as a gift a long time ago. All the glitter comes off on the face, I finally decided I didn't care...and she has worn it daily now and put on 'performances.'


I can't really explain the no shorts on in the pic, it was transition time during their tomfoolery


these girls look like best friends in every picture. Do I need to remind you that blogs do not portray full reality. A lot of our discipline issues of late have to do with the way these girls treat each other.


Sophia's first day of 'zhong ban'. Our little girl is growing up! Her classroom is now on the third floor. She was so excited to get back to school. Here the teachers move up with the students. She should have the same teachers for the next 2-3 years, I love that.
There happened to be a huge rainstorm right in time for me to take her to school. We still braved the moto. Sophia did not miss a beat. She went and got a book and sat down while all the other kids ate their breakfast. She said today they did nothing but sit in their chairs all day and then finally watched a video. Umm....I guess this was to be expected on the first day. We actually have never been here for the real first day of her previous two semesters. The teachers were super busy, I could tell. Maybe they will teach something tomorrow?



Bella is still our green smoothie lovin' girl. This one even had ground flaxseed in it and she still loved it.