3:57 a.m.: Thunder wakes up Bella who wakes up Sophia, who tries to comfort her who then calls for me. It took me awhile to go back to sleep, the rain was so hard I thought I would not hear if the girls called again.
5:07: Tobin wakes up, I close his door, he keeps crying. I feed him, he is hungry. I have no idea about this...makes for a weary morning. I turn off my alarm that was set for 6 a.m.
7:04: Sophia calls, we all go in the living room and lay down for a little while longer. I will let Tobin sleep until 8
7:15: I read the word and tell the girls I MUST feed on it first...Ps 106, good good.
7:30: heat up coffee cake and devour, yum. Bella, weirdo that she is, eats half and opts for fruit instead, health nut.
8:00: clean up, I nurse Tobin, girls sweep (haphazardly)
8:15: girls 'dress up' and I put on 'sing over me' album. Sophia wears her headband with fake blond curly hair attached and tells me of a classmate who has pig tails like that (fake) and how she is not supposed to bring them to school.
8:30 Tobin eats brown rice cereal and half a banana.
9:00: Ayi arrives, says there was a pretty big earthquake last night, maybe at 3 a.m. I am thinking that could be what woke up Bella...so glad I did not feel it, I need nothing fear-inducing right now. Fort/house making ensues
9:35: Tobin goes down for a nap, I check the college football schedule
10:21: "mommy I bet everyone in the world can hear this thing (our washing machine), do you think so?". Probably (it is LOUD)
10:25: went outside to play, played in water puddles again, and collected some greenery to put in a vase back home. (note: Sophia really wants to grow things)
11:15: nurse Tobin, get ready for lunch. Grilled cheese and carrots. (I will make a smoothie tonight). Bella opts for PB and J, along with Ayi, who still has an aversion to cheese.
11:45: eat lunch, remove Bella from high chair to other chair, put Tobin in Highchair feed him brown rice cereal with carrots
12-1 p.m.: play 'airplane': I hoist the girls up (one at a time) holding their hands putting their hips on my feet, (I am on my back lying on the ground) I did this until my hamstrings could no longer take it. We read aloud and put everyone to bed.
1 p.m. just as I dozed off Sophia called for me. I gave her some books and could not doze anymore. Drank a little Pepsi Max
2 p.m. allow Soph to come out and read to her some, Tobin wakes up, nurses.
2-3:30: give snacks, fruit, with a planned outing to eat a popsicle. Alas, the sun is blazing, we stay in, I promise the indoor pool after a grocery store run.
As Sophia was coming out from behind the highchair she somehow nudged the electrical outlet loose, like so:
this is bad because it is so low to the ground for all grasping hands to get into, unlike our other one like this which is high up in our second bathroom:
An eyesore, to be sure, but it is out of reach, out of mind, out of use (yes, we know, it still needs to be fixed)
3:30: Ayi returns, I run to the store, return and pump up the floor to the pool, this another opportunity for upper body workout.
4:00 the pool fun lasts about 40 minutes then I debate out loud what to do for dinner. We have plenty of left overs but I am thinking pulled noodles. In the end I let Sophia show Ayi where the place is and they bring it back, they give us the dish you always order, which was delicious. (I told Ayi that when they saw Sophia they would know what to order).
6:05: we start a family movie night, earlier in the day Sophia said: 'we cannot have a family movie night without our whole family, daddy is not here, we cannot have one!'
7:00: a local friend comes over to play with the girls and hang out with me. The girls loved playing with her, though they did get geared up before bed. I let Sophia brush Bella's teeth and she mimicked me exactly, our friend about fell on the floor laughing.
7:35: Bella has had no fever all day, just a very runny nose, but at bed she really starts to cry, she says she is scared, we go back and forth, I just say: 'I will leave the door cracked', and all was fine. Our friend stayed an hour and we had a really good chat.