Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things I have forgotten...

Every time Sophia leaves for school she tells me something to tell Daddy if I skype with him:
'tell daddy that I love him more than anything' (M)
'tell daddy that I love him way bigger than anything but not bigger than Jesus' (T)
'tell daddy that I love him way bigger than these two buildings put together' (W)

Soph says one girl is mean to her at school and tells the other girls not to play with her. While this may make her a little mad she does not seem too upset about it. We have had multiple conversations about this.

Soph said going to dance makes her tired, but then she comes home and loves it.

Our Chinese tutor does not come anymore for the girls, she went to visit her family. Bella, however, is still becoming pretty bilingual.

My attempt to wrong injustice (feeble as it was). Last week when I dropped the kids off a man came running by with a weird smile on his face and a handful of something (money I suppose). He was being chased by a rounder man yelling: 'THIEF! THIEF!' I actually had time to think as I saw this unfold, what should I do? I let him run by, I was sure he would be caught and I did not need to be the one doing it. Sure enough around the corner came a cop on a moto (a traffic cop, they do not carry guns) and another moto with two other guys were also in pursuit. The guy is caught. I hear the yells, then I see the beating begin, this is not uncommon, unfair as it is. The cop has the guy and the other two guys are kicking him and hitting him with a water bottle. And me? I just plain feel sorry for this guy, he never stood a chance anyway, he was probably high, or thinking he needed to be. Now what do I do? I stop at the scene (it is a small street right by the school) and lay on my horn. I yell: 'don't hit him, it is not okay! don't hit him, you already caught him! It is not okay, it is not okay!' The beatings stop for a moment and one of the men says: 'but he is a thief.' I shake my head and reply: 'I know he is a thief, but you already caught him, you do not need to beat him.' He shrugged his shoulders and a taxi pulled up to take the thief to jail. So maybe the thief got one less kick, who knows. Some may ponder my view of justice here but I will just leave that out in la la land...

Kettle Bells= the death of me. (I am up to forty swings, 10 min warm up, 12 minute workout of intervals, totals 200 swings, and hamstrings that feel like they are going to fall off) (more on working out later)

No more pineapples=sadness and a long wait for strawberry season

Bella's new fave snack: mandarin oranges (they are not sweet yet, but she loves them) and cashews
Sophia's? Anything with peanut butter (she is her father's child)