Since Bella's birthday was also Father's day weekend we had a special Mexican meal. For Sophia's birthday she asked for Lasagne. I then asked her if she wanted to invite Anna and her family for dinner, they just got back in town. She was super excited about this, and this is great for David and me because we love hanging out with this family. The kids play really well together. Since we have been running around with our heads chopped off, this was a great time to reconnect with them, enjoy lasagna and chocolate pie, and great company. They also confirmed that they will be coming to the party tomorrow, so at least one person will be there.
We have been telling Sophia that even if no one comes we will still have fun, and she knows it, because she saw the place we are going and all the fun stuff to do. I am not too too worried if kids don't come, but I do know she wants to enjoy this WITH her friends. Which is what I love about her, she loves being WITH people. She teaches me a lot this way, to get out of my comfort zone and enjoy new and old friends.
The plan: pancake breakfast, ease into the morning, check on the status of the new apartment, play, open gifts, lunch, rest, PARTAY! then, scurry finish packing for Thailand and go to bed at 8 with the kiddos (yeah right! I can dream).