Yes there are days when I forget to eat breakfast or brush my teeth with children's toothpaste, or any manner of things that evidence my sleep deprivation. But all in all we are doing pretty well. Here is a little list of things going on:
- paint color will be finished tomorrow. I LOVE what we chose, so far. David and I went back and forth some, I love the little bit darker richer, warmer, look, but we are still trying to stay subtle so this was hard. In the end he loved it too. 'Felicia Rose' for the girls' room, 'shy sky' for Tobin's room and office, 'foggy day' for our room and dining room, 'quilter's thread' for the living room/den, and the red for the red reading/homeschool area.
- tomorrow is Sophia's big 5th birthday and we have a party all planned. Let's just say God provided the perfect place so that I am not involved in providing any entertainment or cake. At all. All bought and paid for and not too expensive. This was the only way I was going to survive having a big party with school friends (her first) the day before going to Thailand. (and with our house in disarray filled with boxes).
- Bella is signed up for school in the fall. They added a big fat fee for any NEW student (so not Sophia) without a local residence permit, which happens to be a lot of people. We imagine this is to help with the new building they just put up. They would not budge at all. Pretty pricey for a kindergarten, even though most attend for 3-4 years.
- The day after tomorrow we head to Thailand. It will not be restful, but it will be fun. I am the least prepared for this trip than I have ever been. But for some reason I am just not sweating it. I keep thinking of what I should be worried about (usually it is about a baby and how to carry the food, formula, etc.). But at this stage that part is easy (in theory). Plus I have not traveled internationally in a whole year (a record for me), so I am out of habit I suppose. As long as we don't forget diapers or any of the kids, I think we will do okay.