Monday, June 11, 2012

Five more days...

...Until David comes back. He did just leave yesterday. But I am still counting. I am not sure if I will do a play-by-play day by day or not. I am just now getting back into the blogging groove, so it may happen. Today was a good day. I drove the electric moto to take Soph to school in the pouring rain, we did fine, but it was pouring even harder at pick-up time, so I opted for the car.

Yes, the rains have come. God's Air condition. It cools down our house by about 15 degrees, no lie. NICE.
I did a little workout while Sophia listened to her stories and the other two slept. We then did a little school, and Bella stumbled out, trying to convince me she had slept, which she had not. But I let her lie on the couch until snack time.

Then Bella said: 'I want to do some math too'. Hmmm...Okay, I pulled out a number puzzle. Big numbers that underneath have items you need to count. She loved it. Then the girls played with the ten empty boxes I had just brought home. Tobin meanwhile, crawled around and jibber-jabbered his way around with such cute sounds. He really is communicating, just not with anything we can really understand. But he is so stinkin' cute.

Sophia tried to pull out some clothes from a bag that we are giving to Baby girl Williams. She thought for a moment and said: 'they are going to have FIVE kids in their family, can they bear it?' I just laughed out loud, yes, they can, I said. Some families have even more children than that, I told her. Then I asked: 'how many should we have in our family', and she proceeded to tell me what she has before, that we need one more boy (I think this has to do with her wanting to act out 'Narnia' and 'the boxcar children' too).

We had grilled cheese and "monday soup" which I made Ayi try, and she did not like it. Oh well. At least she tried it. It was a little spicy for the kids. But I liked it. And though the grounds were drenched, it was not raining, so we went out to play for the last hour before bed.