Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's day 2012

 Saturday was filled with festivities celebrating Bella, and Sunday was filled with festivities celebrating David, Daddy Coke. It started with the girls helping me make biscuits, and letting David sleep in (something he rarely ever does). And by sleep in, we do not mean like until 10, our sleeping in is still usually before 8 a.m.




We gave him our first cards. This idea I stole from someone, but it was fitting because we always mimic 'Guess How much I love you' and say crazy amounts of how much we love each other (this is something David and the girls do often)

For Bella's birthday she received this awesome play dough/ice cream making station, and they all went to work.

Then during breakfast we gave him our other cards. We basically had three types of cards. The first 'hug' card: "I love you....this much". Then I had the girls answer a 'Mad Lib' card where they were prompted by what to fill in the blank, and third, an 'all about my daddy' card that is complete fill-in-the-blank.

 For example: (Sophia's). You're as nice as a (nice animal), she put 'spider'. A day without you is like having to eat (something yucky), 'dirt' all day long. And my favorite. If I had all the money in the world I would buy you a (something daddy really loves) 'wife'.


Bella's below: your as handsome as  a (good looking animal) 'kitty cat'. You are so strong you can even lift a (something really heavy) 'box'. And so on...












The 'All about my daddy' survey. Here are a few from Bella:
My daddy's name is: Daddy
His weight is '9' kg.
He knows how to... 'I don't know'.
His favorite restaurant is... 'Jiaozi' (dumplings).
 He likes to...'go in his office'.

From Sophia:
He likes to vacation at...'the Rumples'
His favorite dessert is....'cheesecake'
He doesn't like.....'things in his office that are really old'
He can't....'turn himself into a girl'
His likes to....'go on daddy dates with us'
One day he will....'let me shoot a real gun'
I will always....'be close to him (my daddy)' 






I filled one out too just for fun. Here are a few:
He likes to eat....'er kuai' (a kind of noodle dish here)
He knows how to...'lead and love well'
He likes to vacation at...Wrightsville Beach OR/AND Thailand
He doesn't like...driving in China
He likes to...work out, be a Father
One day he will....finish his other Master's degree (smiley face---this summer!)
I will always....adore him and our friendship


 I laminated all of these and then made a cover and put them all on a little ring.
The cover just had quotes, I said, say one thing about your daddy:
Sophia: 'I love you a million times'
Bella: 'thank you for hugs and kisses'
Tobin: (in a whisper) Baba (chinese for daddy)
Me: 'you are my hero'



 Happy Father's day, David. You are An. Amazing. Father. I learn so much by watching you tenderly love our children. I will keep telling the girls that they need to marry someone just like you!