I had to look like an adult today. I put on slacks and a unwrinkled shirt. I really could of slept for four more hours. Three of the four kids conspired to wake me almost all night for various and legitimate reasons. Only Tobin remained out of the action, though the night before he wet the bed at midnight, something he has hardly ever done...
So, I was tired, but I knew I had to be responsible and on time. Don't laugh, it can be a struggle sometimes. David was taking Sophia to her first day of Chinese elementary school while I took the others to kindergarten. I was driving because I needed to take G with me.
I left early and still had to park a bit far. We were greeted in the parking lot by Burmese beggars, an 8-year-old giving a baby a bottle. They bowed and begged, I vowed I would give them something on my way back.
By the time we got to Tobin's classroom, David and Sophia were there waiting. We were surprised. Her 'school' was simply to pick up a form and come back at 3 p.m. for a meeting. They did not want to miss Tobin's first day of school. He walked in, started playing and did not look back. Bella did the same. Wow. They had both said they were so excited but I never would have guessed that. There you have it. The first day of school.
I also have zero pictures to commemorate the occasion. But it all really starts tomorrow, so I will try again.