Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gabrielle is One!

I cannot believe a year ago we were giving our three eldest donuts, our friends were coming to watch them and we went to the hospital to deliver sweet baby G. She is precious sweetness. We are so thankful for her!

Yesterday I alerted David that we probably should get Gabrielle a gift, being her birthday and everything. Then I remembered we had a brand new 'American Girl' Baby baby doll, sure, it is for three years and up, but it would work. And I announced that afternoon we would make cupcakes and then on her birthday the kids could help me ice/decorate them. We are all for last minute these days. This thrown together plan worked well. I had already told the two families that I wanted to invite that they should come over after dinner. Small, simple. Gabrielle was not disappointed. 

 Gabrielle has been sleeping well since our return. But last night, on her birthday eve, she woke up and drank a full bottle. Honestly I have struggled to get her all the food she needs here. It has not been easy, she is at an in-between stage of table foods but not loving some textures, so not eating. Then I go back to basic easy spoon-feeding rice cereal and baby food...oh well.

Since our kids switch times of day that they go to school, I let Tobin and Bella help with sprinkles in the morning, and Sophia do a bit more in the afternoon. This worked well and they got really into it. 
Here is the day in pics:
 

 She is happy and crawling all around, we were deciding what to put on her for her birthday. She is the most flexible baby I have ever seen sometimes I think she is missing some joints! She wants to pull up to a stand but cannot yet.
No, I do not want this on my head.

distract her with the balloon, Soph!

Beautiful!


We had left over batter so I made G her own little cake in a glass bowl and flipped it over and iced it. I let Sophia completely dictate where I put the icing, etc. And this has got to be the funniest cake I have ever made, but I really didn't care how it looked, Sophia and I were bonding.

The candle is lit, and she wants to grab it.


Annabelle, show her what to do with the cake!
David finally put some in her mouth. What is this sticky stuff? 

Oh, I kind a like it.

Where has this been all my life. SUGAR!

How do I get into it all?

Then we took it away. She was fine with that. I gave her a quick wipe down.



The partay people.



Love this girl. She is hilarious and a good fit for our fam!

We actually did do gifts....next post.